Watermarking Release Notes
Server and API
Watermark Packaging Server
|2022.03.24||2.0.2||- Applied FWM CLI PreEmbedder v2.5.1 which fixes the FWM+DRM content playback issue on M1 macOS Safari|
|2021.11.22||2.0.0||- The packaging speed has been improved by distributing watermark preprocessing for adaptive streaming content on multiple servers.
- For better player compatibility, the default format of packaged subtitles has been changed from embedding to WebVTT text subtitles.
- Improved to display packaging status for each ABR track of a job.
|2021.08.11||1.7.3||- Fixed an error where the packaging job failed with subtitle files.|
|2021.06.21||1.7.0||- You can now set default track information for DASH/HLS content with multiple audio tracks.|
|2021.04.27||1.6.0||- Now you can input track label to DASH packaging output.|
|2021.03.03||1.5.0||- Updated to allow blank or period character in the audio label input for a watermark packaging job.|
|2021.01.27||1.4.0||- Added input file options feature for track name and audio language info|
|2021.01.06||1.3.3||- Fixed issue with some HEVC codec while watermark packaging|
|2020.11.05||1.3.2||- Fixed issue with non-DRM packaging|
|2020.11.03||1.3.1||- Fixed issue with checking codec for trial account|
|2020.09.16||1.3.0||- Added DASH related packaging options
- Added multi-key related options for DRM packaging
- Optimized watermark preprocessing logic to reduce pixelation
|2020.09.08||1.2.1||- The minimum length limit for packaging video is changed from 12 minutes to 5 minutes.
- Supports packaging of adaptive contents with separate audio tracks
|2020.08.19||1.2.0||- HEVC packaging support, correction of case processing error of subtitle language code|
|2020.07.29||1.1.1||- Updated the length limit of the input file path (up to 512 bytes supported)|
|2020.06.10||1.1.0||- Added support for Akamai CDN integration|
|2019.01.15||1.0.0||- SaaS Packaging Server 1.0 release|
Watermark Packaging API
|2021.11.22||2.8.0||- Improved handling of multiple jobs using the packaging job queue.
- Fixed an issue with forensic watermarking trial limitations.
|2021.06.21||2.6.0||- You can now set default track information for DASH/HLS content with multiple audio tracks.|
|2021.04.28||2.5.0||- When registering a forensic watermarking packaging job with a trial account, a function to check the trial limit on the input file size has been added.|
|2021.01.27||2.4.0||- Added input file option API parameter for track name and audio language info|
|2020.10.27||2.3.1||- Fixed issue about trial check|
|2020.09.16||2.3.0||- Added DASH related packaging options
- Added multi-key related options for DRM packaging
- Changed packaging ‘Start Date’ to the start of input content downloading
|2020.08.19||2.2.0||- Added prevention of storage removal|
|2020.06.10||2.1.0||- Added support for Akamai CDN integration|
|2020.05.12||2.0.0||- Updated to V2 API|
Watermark Session API
|2022.01.11||1.4.0||- Added the ability to generate watermark tokens according to different segment start numbers (0 or 1) for different encoder/packager solutions.
- Added JIT type DWM embedding support function for DWM integration with file transfer solutions.
|2021.09.14||1.3.0||- The session URL API for CloudFront and the API for Akamai, which were previously provided separately, have been merged into one.
- Watermark Token API that can receive only watermark token data included in the session URL has been added.
|2020.12.01||1.2.0||- Fixed the API response delay issue|
|2020.09.15||1.1.1||- Added API call limit for trial account (max 1,000 calls)
- Added limit for watermark string length (max 254 bytes)
|2020.05.13||1.1.0||- Added SessionUrl API for Akamai CDN|
|2019.12.26||1.0.0||- Initial release of Session API|
Watermark Detection API
|2021.09.07||1.0.0||- New API has been released to support API-based forensic watermarking detection|
|2022.01.11||2.5.0||- Added support for preprocessed content through Hybrik encoder and watermark plugin.|
|2021.11.25||2.4.0||- For consistency with other modules, the name of the existing config_type option has been changed to composing_type. (supports ‘directory_prefix’ and ‘unlabeled_a_variant’ options)|
|2021.09.07||2.3.0||- Added support for contents with
|2021.05.04||2.2.2||- Fixed a bug about availableInterval setting|
|2020.11.18||2.2.1||- Fixed a bug about package.json|
|2020.11.10||2.2.0||- Added support for AWS MediaConvert
- Moved siteKey, integration type configuration to config.json
|2020.09.16||2.1.0||- Added support for generate_tracktype_manifests option.|
|2020.03.26||2.0.1||- Changed the number of ts per GOP.|
|2019.08.22||2.0.0||- Updated for Shaka Packager integration.|
|2018.01.27||1.0.0||- Initial release of Lambda@Edge module|
CLI Preprocessor (Integrated into the FWM CLI Packager)
|2020.09.09||2.0.3||- Optimized watermark strength for better invisibility|
|2020.07.24||2.0.2||- Extended input filename length from 256 to 512|
|2020.01.30||2.0.0||- Updated for shorter video length required to detect watermark. (12 mins -> 5 mins)
- Optimized watermark strength for invisibility and robustness.
|2019.04.11||1.3.1||- Added support for HDR 10 hardware decoding.
- Shows ‘DEMO’ in the video when a trial key is used.
|2019.03.11||1.3.0||- Added support for UHD resolution, HEVC codec, and HDR.
- Added support for multi-thread decoding.
|2018.07.16||1.0.0||- Initial release of CLI preprocessor|
FWM CLI Packager
|2022.03.21||2.5.1||- Improved compatibility with Apple M1 mac Safari to resolve a playback issue of DRM+FWM contents on the environment
- Improved watermark detection rate for low resolution videos
- For consistency with other modules, the name of the existing cdnpack_option item has been changed to composing_type. (supports ‘directory_prefix’ and ‘unlabeled_a_variant’ options)
- Updated watermark core for better invisibility
|2021.06.22||2.2.0||- To improve the usability of the existing CLI preprocessor, we have released the FWM CLI Packager that can perform A/B version preprocessing and DRM packaging with a single command.|
FWM Hybrik Preprocessor
|2022.01.05||1.0.0||- We have released FWM Hybrik Preprocessor which can generate A/B versions via Dolby Hybrik Encoder.
- By linking the Docker-based Hybrik video filter plug-in, ‘0/1’ watermark information can be applied during the encoding process. And DRM-encrypted DASH/HLS packaging can be performed at the same time through CPIX API integration.